Friday 27 April 2012

Up and down.

Dear Daddy,
                   What a busy couple of days it has been. Yesterday we started off the day by going to paint and play. I slept much better the night before so Mummy was in a good mood. It was so much fun. I didn't paint because I would just eat it all, but I played a lot. I got to see all my friends from Mum's group that I hadn't seen for a long time. There were lots of kid there and most of them were older. I mostly played with the kids my age and stayed close to Mum.
Lately I don't like to be out of Mummy's sight. If I want her to pick me up I put my arms in the air and say Ma Ma Ma. I do it a lot. When she left my sight at paint and play I would get a bit sad and cry. I would search for her with my eyes and then when I found her I would crawl over to her. I like being near her. I don't like being too far.

Here are some photos of my time at paint and play:


Crawling on the squishy shapes.


 Trying to get to Mummy.

My Friend Annie.

Having a look.



I still love shoes.

Sometimes I lose my balance a little bit.

As you can see I had a great time. 

In the afternoon yesterday we played in my playpen a lot. It was a pretty normal afternoon for Mummy and I. She seemed pretty happy today, she did spend a lot of time in her uni books though. At one point I held one of her books and sucked on the corner. She was so into her study she didn't even notice and then I swallowed some paper. It was yuck. Then Mummy told me she used to eat paper as a kid, can you believe it? Yuck!

For dinner I had pumpkin and egg yolk. It was pretty yum. I like egg yolk and I love pumpkin.

I was pretty tired after my bottle so I went to sleep straight away. When I woke up at 1AM I was wet. I yelled out to Mummy and she came and fed me and put me back to bed STILL WET! I woke up every half hour and she got me back to sleep but it was cold and I wanted to be dried. At 3AM I decided I'd had enough and I wanted to be dry. When Mum turned on the lap she saw how wet my sheets were and said she was very sorry. The material on my sleeping bag didn't feel wet so she didn't know. I didn't blame her i just wanted to be dry and warm. I was cold all over. She cuddled me in her bed for a little while to warm me up and then put me back in my cot, with new sheets, a new outfit and new blankets.
I slept until the morning.

Today was a bit boring.

Mum and Joni walked up to the shops and looked at lots of clothes. I was pretty happy the whole time but I don't like sitting in the pram that long so after a while I got a little bit fussy. Mummy did bring my rice biscuits so that kept me happy. When I got home she gave me a Vegemite sandwich, and just in time I was starving. 
Mum told me the craziest thing, she said you don't like Vegemite. Are you crazy? I love it. Sometimes I even just suck the Vegemite off the bread and give the bread to Pandora. It is the best.

After lunch I had my bot bot and then Sarah came over. She makes Mum laugh a lot, she is very funny. Sarah always gives me lots of kisses and cuddles. I like playing with her. And so does Pandora, she jumps all over her every time she talks. She hasn't changed a bit! I went to bed after that, it was pretty late in the day and I was exhausted. I slept so much that Mummy had to wake me up, that made me a bit cranky but I was hungry and she fed me dinner in no time so that made me happy. Oh but before dinner I got to play with Sarah again. That made me smile too.

For dinner tonight I had lamb, pumpkin and cheese. I love lamb so much, I suck it and chew it. I am getting so good at eating. Pumpkin is yummy too, it gets all over my face. Cheese is also delicious. I was very satisfied after dinner.

Because I had such a late nap I was barely tired at all after my bath. I had some of my bot bot but I just wanted to play. I played in my play pen for a while, and then I decided I wanted more milk and I could probably use a sleep soon. I didn't have all of my bottle but I was tired so Mummy put me to bed. But once I was in bed I decided I might like some more milk, so Mummy brought it in and I got to drink in bed. She smiled at me and said "this is how bad habits begin." I don't know what she's talking about, it wasn't bad at all. It was great. I only drank a little bit more and then rolled over and went to sleep.

I am laying here under my blanky that Mum and you picked out whilst I was in her belly. I don't move as much in my sleep anymore and Mummy hasn't gotten me a winter sleeping bag yet. It's fairly warm but I think I will probably wake up a few times tonight, you know how much I rely on my sleeping bag. Hopefully tomorrow Mummy will go and get me a winter one.

I miss you so much Daddy. 
In the bath I always say your name so Mum knows that her bath times with me are numbered, and when you are back we can have standing practice again. I practice so much every day so I will be fantastic by the time you come home. I can't wait!

I love you so much.
Love always
Your Oliver J.

No comments:

Post a Comment