Monday 16 April 2012

Dear Daddy,
                  Today you woke me up really early in the morning. I knew something was a little odd because last night Mummy was a bit sad and your clothes were everywhere. You dressed me and then put me in the car and we went for a drive. You drove, because Mummy was so tired.
When you got me out of the car it was a little bit cold and there were lots of water and ships around us. You cuddled me really tightly and then put me back in the car. Mummy told me that we would see you again in no time and that we had to be brave, and then she handed me my dummy and we drove home. It took a lot longer to drive home than it did to get there, I think Mummy got a little bit lost.
When we finally got home Mummy cuddled me and Pandora and said that we are her little family now, but Daddy will be home in no time.
After breakfast I was exhausted so Mummy put me to bed. When I woke up it took her ages to come get me, and when she came in she looked like she had been sleeping. But I wanted to play. I kept reminding her about you buy saying your name, but she just kept saying, "I'm not Dada, I'm Mama." Silly Mum, I only say her name when I want her to feed me or pick her up. I say your name when I want to play. So I played for a while, then I had a Vegemite sandwich for lunch. I wanted the avocado that Mum got out of the fridge, but she ate it and pulled a funny face. I did enjoy the Vegemite though, its fun to squash between my fingers too.
I was pretty sleepy now but we went to visit Joni and then Sarah and little Soph came too. I was so tired but I love them all and wanted to play. But I finally had a little nap so that I could play some more. I loved Sophie's flashing shoes and wanted to follow them around. I also got to cuddle with Sophie, Sarah and Joni too.
I love it when we go visit Sarah and Jo. Mum is always so happy afterwards. Even though she was still a little bit sad, she was much happier than when we went around there. I was so tired when we got home and I went straight to sleep.
When I woke up I expected you to be home, but you weren't. Instead the whole lounge room was turned around, and my play pen had been moved. I really like the way it is now, but I don't know where your computer is going to fit. I don't know if you'll like it. But Mummy seems happy with it.
I wasn't very hungry and Mummy had made me mixed veggies again. I refused to eat it so she gave me a rice biscuit instead. She tried to fool me by spreading veggies on it, but I knew better and bashed it on my tray to get the veggies off. I ate both of them with barely a crumb left for Pandora. I really love them. Hopefully tomorrow night I can have chicken, it's my favourite.
I went in my playpen after that for ages whilst Mum was on the phone to Grandma and Grandpa. But I got bored and wanted a bath. My bath was really shallow, but I still stood up lots in it. But then the whole stole all the water and I got out. I didn't want to get dressed so I fussed a lot on my change table but eventually gave in. Mummy kept singing to me and I just stared at her. But then I decided I had had enough and she just kept trying to button me up. But she gave up eventually, when all my buttons were done up.
Then it was time for my bottle, but I decided that you should feed it to me so I kept trying to find you. But you weren't here. Mummy got a little sad here so eventually I drank a little bit but only about half. We read a colour book but my eyes were really sore so I rubbed them a lot and got milk in them. Mummy called me a goof and cleaned them for me and then whisked me off to bed. When she put me to bed she kept saying how much she loves me and covered me in kisses. Then she gave me twice as much because your not here, and told me how much you love me.
I don't think I fully understand where you are and why we can't play together. But Mummy assures me that you are doing it for us and you will be home soon. Until then I will keep saying your name over and over so she doesn't forget who you are.
I hope you are warm in bed Daddy, I love you and I can't wait to watch star wars with you again soon.
Love you Daddy,
-Your Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment