Wednesday 25 April 2012

Sleeping is for babies.

Dear Daddy,
                 Last night I didn't really feel like sleeping. On Tuesday I had to get up really early so I could have my morning nap before swimming lessons. I like getting up at 5AM, I want to do it everyday.

Swimming lessons are getting more fun, it's just really cold and I don't like it when my face goes under. Mum sung to me a lot more this week and that made me a little bit happier. I just shiver the whole time and I always forget to close my mouth when my head goes under. I especially hate it when they sit me on the side of the pool and then splash me into the water. I really cry then. Mum spoke to my teacher and hopefully next week it won't be as cold. Otherwise she might try and find a new pool for me to use.

Yesterday was okay, Mummy did all of your wedding invites and we played quite a lot. I stood up a lot as I do now. I really love it. Oh and for dinner Mummy fed me potato. It was YUCKY! She is sneaky, she knows I don't like it mashed so she baked it and tried to give it to me in squares. But I am too smart for her and I wouldn't eat it. So she did, right of my plate! Luckily she cooked me pumpkin, carrots and chicken to go with it. They were yummy.

But when I went to bed it was cold, and I tried to sleep. I really did try but I decided to stand up instead. It's so much fun, but then I got lonely and called out to Mum. She came every time. At 5AM I decided it was time to get up for the day and I refused to go back to sleep. Mum looked really sad and she even cried a little bit too.

We watched the television and lots of people in your work uniform were on it. It made Mummy even sadder and she cried some more. She kept telling me it was okay, she just missed you and then she would fake a smile. But I knew she wasn't happy which made me sad too. She tried to hide her sadness though, but I am too smart for her. She looked very tired and I was tired too because I was up so early but she wouldn't let me sleep until 9AM. I was really tired but then but I couldn't sleep because I wanted milk and I let Mummy know. She is good at telling what I want and she fed me and I feel asleep right there in her arms. She cuddled me for a little while and then put me to bed.

When I woke up, Mummy was still in her pyjamas. Mum dressed me in clothes that looked exactly like hers and then she gave me some lunch, (avocado on toast) and then we went for a walk. I enjoyed the walk I kept turning around to look at Mummy and giving her a big smile. She posted your wedding invitations on the walk as well. Pandora came too obviously and went crazy at a dog on the other side of the road. She always protects me!

When we got home we have a good play in the play pen. Mummy comes and sits in there all the time now. I was pretty tired though so I went to have my afternoon nap.

When I woke up I normally have alone time but not today. Mum and I played so much. We did sing songs, we played ball, I chased Pandora, I crawled all over Mummy and I even went in my Jolly Jumper for a little while. I was in a great mood now.

Mummy got to go in the kitchen for a little while tonight and made my dinner. I had pumpkin and lamb. No potato tonight, I think she's finally understanding my hatred for it. Dinner was delicious I ate so much and I got pumpkin ALL over my face. I had banana for desert, which I don't mind but it isn't my favourite of fruits. Whilst eating my banana I found a hidden bit of pumpkin and decided to eat that instead.

After lunch Mummy kept lifting her arms high in the arm and then tickling me. I found it SO FUNNY. I was almost crying with laughter. Mum took a video and sent it to you. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Tonight my bath was a little deeper and Mummy trusts me to move around in the bath a bit more than she originally did. In the bath she told me all about the work you are doing and how today you marched to remember the ANZACS who fought in wars so that we could live the way we do. You must love us so much, Mummy keeps telling me so. And you have been at work for such a long time now, and Mummy keeps telling me that you work so that we can live the way we do, and that you do it for us. We are very lucky to have you, I just wish you were here.

I am in bed now and Mum has made it a lot warmer for me. My new sleeping bag in not as long so it is harder to stand in, although I will probably still try later.

I love you so much Daddy, I get worried that you won't even know me when you get home. I am growing so much, and I hope that Mummy is sharing all my new hobbies with you.

Love always
Your Oliver J

No comments:

Post a Comment