Thursday 19 April 2012

I love miss Sophie.

Dear Daddy,
                Today I woke up very early. I was so tired last night that I went to bed pretty early, and I work up three times in the night. Then I decided at 6AM that I wanted to play. Mum obliged but she still wouldn't give me breakfast until 8AM. I was a little bit fussy about that, but it did make breakfast all the better. Then at 8:30 Mummy kept playing on her phone, until she finally spoke to someone. Before I knew it we were in the car headed out into the yucky whether. Can you believe it, Pandora was in the car too. I was tired so I had a nap and when I woke up we were walking down a busy street, and Pandora was there too. We went into a very white room, and there were cats on the shelf. They were behind a net and I watched them play for ages. Pandora kept growling at them, and I loved watching her too.

All morning before we left Mummy paid extra special attention to Pandora and kept telling me she would be okay. I hope so, she's my best friend. I love playing with her. I love coming home to her, and then Mummy sits me on the top of the couch and she licks my face. No matter how tired or grumpy I am, I can always find a smile for Pandora.

Finally we went in to see the doggy doctor, and Mummy put Panda up on a big metal bench. She was shaking like crazy so I just sat quietly and kept my eye on her. She was very brave. The doggy doctor said she had a cough. I hope I didn't give it to her, or maybe she gave me mine. Mum talked to the vet for ages, he had a baby a bit younger than me so she just went on and on and on. You know how much she loves to talk about me. I just sat there and smiled on cue. We are a great team Mum and I.

When we got home Mummy put a pink mixture in with Pandora's milk and she drank it all down. I was absolutely exhausted so I went to bed and slept until lunch time.

I woke up absolutely starving. It was definitely lunch time. Mummy gave me a rice biscuit and got me dressed and before I knew it, we were in the car again. Jo was there too. I was pretty hungry so I grizzled a little bit but I love playing with my mirror in the car. Then we got to Sarah and Sophie's house.
I was so excited to see them, but I was still hungry. Mum set up a little chair for me to sit on and gave me an egg yolk sandwich. It was delicious but also fun to play with. Sophie sat with me. She is fun to be with. I made such a mess, and Sophie said not to worry and she would clean it up! But then her Mummy, Sarah, cleaned it up so that I could crawl around.
Sophie walked around with her balloon and I crawled after her for ages. Then we sat on the couch together and she read me a story. She got a little bit upset when I drooled on her book, but I didn't mean it. I haven't got any control over it. She then got me a snake toy out to play with and she didn't mind if I drooled and sucked on it. I loved it. I crawled all over her and her Mummy for ages. I love playing with Sophie. She has so much time for me.

I was pretty tired now so I let Mummy know, and we went home. When we got home Pandora seemed much better and she licked my face again. She is funny. She put me in a good mood so when Mummy put me in my cot I just wanted to play. She got me up for a little while and we watched some television and then I went back to bed. I was pretty tired so I decided to have a short nap.

When I woke up I thought maybe today you would be here. You have been gone a while and I like playing with you in the afternoon. Mummy is always pretty tired by the afternoon and I like it when you are here. You make her happier too. She is pretty happy and lots of fun, but she is still happier when you are here.
I was sad when you weren't here and I tried to have fun but I was grumpy so I cried, and I cried and I cried. Mummy gave me lots of books and toys to play with but they weren't you. The she got her phone out and played a video of you. It really settled me and made me happy. I even gave her a smile, she had worked hard and she deserved it. Then she put me in the play pen and went into the kitchen. She spends so much time in the kitchen she must love it in there. She kept peeking on me, and I kept giving her lots of smiles.

For dinner tonight I had two of my favourites mixed together, chicken and apple. It was a bit funny mixed, I prefer them separate so I separated them. I'm sure Mum had the best intentions mixing them, trying to be gourmet but it tasted odd. I ate my chicken first and then I ate all the apple. It was delicious. I was so happy by this time. And then we had a bath. I am starting to enjoy bath time with Mum. Not as much as with you but I can tell she is a bit more relaxed and trusts me in the water. Today I even put my face under (trying to get my ducky) and I didn't even cry. Mummy laughed at me and called me a goof. She washed my hair really well, my eyes rolls back into my head. I love it.

After the bath I was so happy I even fed myself my bottle (with the help of Mum to get the right angle).  I was a bit tired, but I was so happy Mummy decided I could play for a little while. I was in my pen playing with all my toys but then I decided I should go to bed. I was tired and the sooner I go to bed the closer it is to you being home. I went to sleep before Mummy could even turn off the light I was so tired. Mum has put the humidifier on again tonight as my cough is still here and I think she wants to take me to the doctors again tomorrow. So my room is nice and warm and I am sound asleep dreaming of playing with you again.
I hope you are having fun out at sea, and not working too hard. I know you are working very hard for us and I love you even more for it. One day soon we will be playing again, it has almost been a week so there are only six more to go.
I love you very much Daddy
Love always
-Your Oliver J

No comments:

Post a Comment