Tuesday 17 April 2012

First swimming lessons.

Dear Daddy,
                   Today started like any other day. I thought it was all normal, and then came time for my morning nap and Mum wouldn't let me sleep. She put me in a strange stretchy top and a weird nappy and we drove around a big car park for ages. Mum cursed a little bit, I don't think there was a spot to put her car. I should have napped then but I was to excited. She finally stopped, put me in the pram and we walked towards a really big bath.
She then passed me to a stranger in the bath and then she came in too. This bath was not as warm as normal and it was much deeper. My ducky wasn't there either. At first I laughed, but then I decided I didn't want to be in it any more so I let them know. I let them know that I hated it when they splashed my face, and I especially hated it when they put my head under water. I let them know that I didn't like this bath, for the whole half an hour. I let them know, and I screamed.
Eventually I got out of the cold bath and it was so cold I shivered a lot. But then Mummy put me in layers of warm clothes and gave me my favourite pram toy Ollie the Octopus and I was much happier. It was raining outside so we ran to the car and then next thing I knew we were home and I was getting ready for bed. I was a little grumpy at Mummy, but she fed me some warm milk and cuddled me. Then she put me to bed and when I woke up I was so happy.
After lunch, (a mashed veg sandwich) I played with Pandora on your bed. She would bring me her ball and I would try and eat it, but before I could put it in my mouth Mummy would flick it out of my hand and Pandora would chase it. I thought it was so funny I laughed so much. I also crawled all over Mummy and chatted away to myself.
I have started a new habit of saying nonono whenever Mummy tries to stop me from crawling away for her. She thinks it is very cute, but I just want to crawl free. I want to jump off the bed like Panda, and crawl right off the couch, and play with all the wires. But Mummy won't let me, so I say no no no!

I woke up from my nap a little bit early but I refused to go back to sleep because I just wanted to play. I played in my play pen for a while, and then I watched some TV with mum. I cuddled in close to her and she played with my hair. It was nice but then I wanted to crawl, up and back on the couch. Mummy walked next to me so I couldn't go off the side.
Then for dinner Mum fed me chicken and spinach, except she had mashed it up into little pieces so I couldn't put five pieces in my mouth until I couldn't breath any more. I didn't want her to feed it to me so she ended up making me a sandwich so I could feed it to myself. She kept saying yum yum yum to me, I kept saying Mum Mum Mum back. It was delicious!
Then I had another bath, but this time I was much happier to be there. Mum makes the bath with a lot less water than you and I don't get to stand up nearly as much. She does let me, but I can tell she doesn't trust my ability to stand as much as you do. I also played with my ducky a lot, and played fetch with Mum. She brings my ducky back to me a lot more than you do. I do enjoy watching it over the ledge of the bath still, and thats when Mummy washes my hair so it's okay for both of us.
After the bath I got to see you in the computer, but only for a little while. It was nice to see you, but something was really interesting on the TV so I watched that instead. You sent Pandora crazy, she looked for you everywhere. I don't think her eyes can see the computer.

I am now in bed listening to the rain. It's very wet here, and I miss your cuddles. I am sleeping well because I had such a big day, and I need to be fresh for playgroup tomorrow.

Love you Daddy.
-Your Oliver J

No comments:

Post a Comment